TELECOMMUNICATIONS ENGINEER – BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA
Elisa Polystar is a growth company owned by 2B€ revenue (20% profit) Elisa Group, and Elisa Polystar is growing quick – this year Frinx (SVK) and Cardinality Ltd (UK & PL) were added to the company offering. The core business is on assuring network quality, to automate network operations and make autonomous, software-driven networks happen. Our mission is to contribute to a sustainable future through digitalization. In Slovakia we have offices in Bratislava and Poprad.
We are now looking for a telco industry engineer to work in a versatile role of Service Assurance Engineer. The service you contribute to is serving a large part of the telco industry globally and we aspire to implement the best network analytics solution on the planet.
The Service Assurance Engineer work is organized in regional teams serving clients. The role in Bratislava is a hybrid one with quite a lot of flexibility. Our office in Bratislava is at Business Center Bratislava (Mlynské nivy, 821 09). The starting gross salary for this role is 2.000€ per month but the final salary depends on the background and skills of the successful candidate.
This job includes:
As Service Assurance Engineer you work in a dual role of
Individual projects of setting up services to new clients and expanding the services of existing clients
Supporting clients’ service and providing stellar technical services
The project delivery tasks include:
- System configuration of Elisa Polystar’s monitoring and OSS products
- Integration to various third party tools
- Technical collaboration with clients and inside of Elisa Polystar on system configuration issues
- Technical troubleshooting and producing client system documentation
The technical support tasks include:
- Resolving incidents and technical service requests by clients in with SLA
- Implementing software updates
- Reviewing deployed systems regarding performance and technical solidness
The role we now recruit in is challenging as it’s versatile but it is rewarding as you get to learn continuously when working with top telco clients of the world.
- Have worked in telco industry and the field of IT in a technical role for a minimum of a few years
- Be a great team player with a positive attitude
- Embrace the opportunity to learn new skills on a weekly basis
The technical skills that you already have can vary. The key is the more you know, the more doable the jumping into the role of Service Assurance Engineer becomes. Some of the topics you might know include:
- Telco and data networks (at Elisa Polystar one needs to understand the perspective of the client, of the telco operator technician that uses our software to troubleshoot their networks)
- Data and telephone protocols (the Elisa Polystar solutions lie on real time capturing, decoding, deciphering and correlating messages into call flows and aggregated reports)
- Linux (the solutions are running in Linux environments and it’s useful to know how to edit, search and filter files, understand users and group configurations, and to have good know-how of e.g. SSH, SNMP, NTP helps you even further)
- Furthermore, knowhow of MySQL/databases and scripting help in the role as well
How does all that sound? If you would like to check if your background has potential, you can always ask our recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org. When you submit the job application, then your job application will be reviewed by Gino and Konstantin and we try to respond quickly – ideally by inviting to a video interview.